Proud history of supporting the community:
Oberlin Lodge #380
Oberlin Chapter #219
OBERLIN CHAPTER #219 ROYAL ARCH MASONS
On June 7, 1920, nine Royal Arch Masons living in Oberlin, but belonging to Chapters in Elyria and Lorain, met to discuss the possibility of organizing a chapter of Royal Arch Masons in Oberlin. On June 14, they held their second meeting and decided to go ahead with plans for instituting a chapter in Oberlin. At their third meeting on June 28, 1920, there were 25 signed petitions presented. The neighboring Chapters of Marshall of Elyria, Mystic of Lorain, and Wakeman, granted their consent for institution of Oberlin Chapter. The first stated meeting of Oberlin Chapter was held November 1, 1920, with Frank E. Peck as High Priest. Dispensation dated October 6, 1920, from the Grand Chapter Royal Arch Masons was read. Frank E. Peek completed the organization by appointing officers. Fees were established as $40.00, dues $3.00, and affiliation $2.00. The meeting times were first and third Mondays. On December 19, 1921, with Irving Stafford acting as Grand High Priest, Oberlin Chapter was constituted, consecrated and officers officially installed. Since the institution of Oberlin Chapter we have enjoyed many years of fraternal happiness and with a new Temple, Oberlin Chapter members look forward to many more fruitful and prosperous years. Clyde Jones, High Priest ... from the introduction of the 50th Anniversary' Celebration of Oberlin Chapter #219 RAM, October 18, 1971.
(Thanks to EC Moorman for his assistance)